The Power of Intent
“The Power of Intent.” Sermon preached on Sunday May 14th, 2023, by Anaija. Morning service. Language: English & Haitian Creole.
Sermon starts at 1:20:17 for your convenience.
Main text: Genesis 1:26
This sermon refers to many texts from the Bible.
« Le pouvoir de l’intention. » Sermon prêché le dimanche 14 mai 2023 par Anaija. Service du matin. Langue: Anglais et Créole Haïtien.
Le sermon commence à 1:20:17 pour votre commodité.
Texte détaillé : Genèse 1:26
Ce sermon fait référence à de nombreux textes de la Bible.
God created us in His image and likeness (Gen 1:26). And like God we have the capacity to love, to think, to reason, and to free will (or intention). Intent is the driving force behind all our actions, and it determines the course of our lives.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Intent starts with the heart (Prov 4:23, Matt 15:18-19). You must align your intentions with God.
- Our thoughts and words have more power than we imagine. There’s a spiritual world that has a lot of impact on all that we see. Be careful of what you say. Words have power. Your thoughts have power.
- Examples: The Tower of Babel (Gen 11:1-9)
- Balaam and the Israelites (Num 22-24)
- Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5:21-22, 27-28
- The Woman who gave little but a lot (Luke 21:1-4)
- Align your intent with the will of God (Rom 12:2, Phil 4:8)
- Your intentions must be guided with love (1 Cor 13:1-3)
- Your intentions must be guided with truth (2 Tim 3:16-17)
- Do all things for God’s glory (Col 3:24)
Watch the full sermon for more on how your intention behind your actions matters significantly to God.